Gmail provides free email service to the people. The Gmail was created by Google. Users use Gmail to get the email and synchronize it with other content. The synchronization is done with POP and IMAP protocols. At first in 2004 the Gmail started as a beta release. Initially Gmail had one gigabyte storage capacity. Gmail was ruling on the market as no other webmail site was offering same storage capacity to the users. One gigabyte storage was entitled to every user. Now Gmail offers 15 gigabyte storage capacity to every user. A user can receive 50 gigabyte email. Check simple steps to How to Delete a Gmail Account on your device below.
If anyone use the attachment then one can email 25 gigabyte content to other. In the case of larger files, user can upload the files on the Google drive. Gmail has search oriented interface and that has a conversion view. The specialty of the Google is it can scan emails. Through the scanning the webmail segregate the spam from authentic mails.
What are the Features of Gmail Account?
The spam filter features is regulated by the community. The spam filter identifies the similar looking message and stops from coming to the user. The spam filter helps the users to stay away from the unwanted message.
The Gmail labs enable the users to test the new features. The feature was introduced in 2008. Users can activate or disable the feature according to the preference. This helps to check the new feature. It is essential to learn whether the feature is useful or not. The Gmail engineers get the inputs regarding the features on the Gmail.
Gmail has a search bar so that user can search email on the Gmail. The user can also search contact on the Gmail. The user can also search for files that are uploaded on the Google Drive, Google Site and Google Calendar. In 2012 Gmail improved the search feature.
Gmail validates 72 languages since 2015. Apart from that, Google included 100 virtual keyboards. Gmail has transliteration and input method editors. This helps the users to use different types of input styles in case of using different languages. These features help the users to go beyond the limit of the language.
Platforms of Gmail
- Web browser
The Gmail has a basic HTML version and that enables the users use Gmail on any browser. The AJAX version can be run on the common browsers called Google Chrome, Mozilla, Firefox, Intel, etc. In 2011 Gmail first their offline feature the feature called HTML 5 helps to use the webmail site offline. The offline service can be run on the Google Chrome. This feature enables the user to download files from the Google Chrome Web store. A user who uses apps on android and iOS can access the Gmail on the browser on the mobile.
Gmail has a special application for iOS devices as well as Android phones. The Gmail Android app was first introduced to the market in 2014. The Gmail app let the users to send and receive emails without having a Gmail address. One can send email if the user has Yahoo email address through IMAP or POP. In 2016 Google has redesigned the app for the iOS. The new update added attractive colors to the app. Apart from that the app has undo facility so that pone can undo the sent message. The updated app has the facility of faster search, spelling suggestion, moving the content to the archive or delete.
In 2017, Google has updated the Gmail app for the Android as well. After updating the feature the app has all the features that an iOS has. Later, the Gmail incorporated Smart reply. The feature scans the message and electronic intelligence reply to the user. The feature only uses English language.
How to Delete a Gmail Account Permanently?
- You need to go to Google Account Settings.
- After that select Data & Personalization.
- A page will appear, scroll down to download, delete, or make a plan for your data.
- Click on delete a service or your account.
- Then choose ‘Delete a service’ on the next page.
- You’ll be prompted to sign into your account.
- On the next page you need to choose the service you would like to delete. If you want to delete a Gmail account, click the trashcan icon comes next to Gmail.
- You need to enter an email address that is different from the address associated you’re your Gmail account under enter an email address in the how you’ll sign in to Google dialog box.
- Click on the send verification email.
- Open the email from Google with the subject “Security alert for your linked Google account” or “Gmail Deletion Confirmation”.
- You need to follow the deletion link in the message.
- If you get the prompted notification, log in to the Gmail account you are deleting.
- Under Confirm Gmail Deletion Select Yes, I want to delete.
- Click on ‘Delete Gmail’.
- Click on ‘Done’.