If you have started using the internet for the past decade then, you might have definitely heard of Twitter. It’s one of the topmost and popular social networking websites today on the internet. Through this social media platform, one can easily post and interact with the tweets or messages made by other users. In fact, when you scroll down through the news on the internet, we can find several tweets made by the film actors, politicians, and famous personalities. All these people interact with others through this Twitter platform. However, only less number of common people utilize Twitter account.
Most of the people try to use Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp and other instant messaging and social media networking sites for their communication. However, one can open up about their opinions and thoughts on Twitter. As of the year 2018, there are more than 335 million active users for Twitter who often interact with this platform with interesting stuff. There is no restriction on the way you tweet or on the person whom you target. You can carry out debates, discussions and much more on this platform.
Do you have an account on Twitter? If not, you can get to learn more about the Twitter sign in and login procedure through this post. Here is everything you need to know about Twitter, the process to sign up and log in to the Twitter account. If you have any problem or issues regarding this service, you can get precise solutions here. We have come up with some cool tricks and tips for those who use Twitter. Take a look!
Before diving on and begin tweeting, let’s just understand some basic things offered by this service. Twitter is a widespread social networking platform and news website that focuses completely on tweets. It is a microblogging service that enables the users to send short messages otherwise known as tweets. Besides posting text and links, one can make tweets that must have a minimum of 140 characters. Any registered user can send only 140 characters of text to any other user or tweet on this platform. In the year 2018, the developers of Twitter have increased the character limit from 140 characters to 280 characters.
Even if you don’t have an account, you can check out the tweets of others such as celebrities, politicians, friends, and relatives. However, if you want to access this service then, you must definitely register a new account and access it. On Twitter service, the users can follow their beloved ones. There is a possibility to add their tweets to your timeline or news feed. This microblogging website allows the users to send direct messages i.e., your private conversations between you and another person. Twitter is a hub wherein you can simply remain unobserved or hang out without any reason. One can read the tweets made by your friends or whom you are following.
You can even contribute to it by sending your own tweets. There is a possibility to re-tweet the tweets made by your friends or celebrities. You can add emojis and hashtags to your tweets that bring much more fun and entertainment. With the help of hashtags, you can help your followers find your tweet with much ease. Are you new to Twitter? Then, you would definitely end up with several questions and doubts. What’s actually is this site and why is it used? How to access it? How to use Twitter like a pro using advanced tips and tricks? You can find answers to all these queries right on this complete guide on Twitter.
How to Create an Account on Twitter?
After reading the above details, you might have got some idea about what it is. Now, you can get started and create a new account on Twitter. Don’t worry! We are here to help you get through this procedure with simple steps.
- First of all, just visit the official Twitter Sign Up page from your mobile phone or PC.
- The official website of Twitter is http://twitter.com. To navigate directly to the signup page, just tap this link – https://twitter.com/signup.
- Provide your details that include your name, email address, phone number and password in the corresponding fields.
- You need to uncheck the box ‘Personalize Twitter’ if you don’t want your surfing customs accessed to provide you additional ads based on it.
- Tap the Sign Up button. Twitter makes a call to you using your phone number for the verification process. To receive the code, you can tap the ‘Call Me’ option.
- Lastly, you need to select your username that’s visible to all your Twitter followers on your account.
- If someone tries to mention you in their tweet then, they will add @username in their tweet.
- The username that you select is completely based on your choice. There is a possibility to change your username later. So, don’t break your head for that too much.
How to Setup Twitter login, Sign in and Sign up:
If you are initially signing up for Twitter then, it drives you through a slew of steps wherein you can choose people to follow. You don’t have to follow anyone soon after creating an account. You can set up your profile information on Twitter and post some interesting tweets. Later, you can head over to follow someone whom you are interested in.
- Once you are done with the Twitter Signup process, it shows you a brief introduction about the topics in which you have great interest. Add your interests or explore for a topic that you have much passion. Some of the topics include news, hockey, sports, music, lifestyle, culture, gaming, Television, local news, fun, YouTubers and more.
- It asks you whether you want to import your email contacts so that you can follow your friends without struggling much. However, it is just an optional section. If you don’t want to follow anyone, just tap the Continue button.
- Go to your inbox and look at the message that you have got from Twitter asking you to confirm your email address. Tap the Confirm button and everything is set.
- Finish out filling your details in the bio section so that people will know about you. One can use 160 characters for filling their bio information. In that section, you can add your age or your specific hobbies.
- Add your profile picture. It is better to add your real photo instead of choosing a cartoon picture or a celebrity photograph. By adding your original image, you can enhance your relationship with your friends and others. You can even add a header photo just like the cover photo on Facebook.
How to Recover Forgotten Twitter Login Password?
One must maintain an up-to-date email address or phone number on Twitter in order to make sure that they never lose access to their account. In some cases, people might forget their password at the time of logging in their account. You can request Twitter to provide a temporary password or change your password to a new one. There is a possibility to send a password reset link through your email address or via SMS message to your phone number.
Recover Twitter Login Password:
- Go to the official website of Twitter and navigate to the sign in page.
- Tap the password reset link.
- Enter your accurate email address in the provided field.
- Go to your email account or SMS message and follow the on-screen instructions.
- You can then select a new password and ensure that you don’t lose it again.
Recover Forgotten Twitter Password without Email?
- You can make use of your phone number to request a password reset link.
- Contact your email service provider to help you with your Twitter account recovery.
- You can easily change your password through your Twitter for iOS or Twitter app on Android.
How to Setup Login Verification in Twitter:
To enhance security for your Twitter account, it offers the best feature namely Login Verification. In other terms, we can call it a ‘Two-Step Verification’ process. Login verification is an additional layer of security for your Twitter account. Rather than providing a password to login to Twitter, you can simply enter a code sent to your registered mobile number. Through this verification, you can ensure that only you will be able to access your account.
Once you enable this feature on your account, you need to have a password alongside your mobile phone to log into your account. Whenever you log into Twitter.com or Twitter from your Android or iOS device then, you will get a 6-digit login code that you must enter in the provided field. The users can even make use of a 3rd party app or a security key for the verification process.
Setting up Login Verification in Twitter:
Follow the simple steps provided below to setup Login Verification in Twitter:
- First of all, login to your Twitter account using the login credentials.
- Navigate to Account Settings >> Setting & Privacy and tap the option ‘Set up Login Verification’.
- Hit the Start button and provide your mobile number when prompted.
- Select your country where you reside.
- Once you enter the number, Twitter sends a code to your registered phone number.
- You can then configure it for proceeding the further Login Verification. Tap “Send Code” button.
- Enter the same verification code in the given field and hit Submit button.
- It then displays a message saying that ‘Congrats, you’re enrolled’.
- You are now enrolled in Login Verification. Twitter will then ask you to create a backup code. Tap ‘Get Backup Code’ button and enter the code displayed on the screen. You can use that code to bypass Login Verification.
You have successfully configured your Login Verification. Whenever you log in to Twitter, you will get a text message to your registered mobile number. It comprises a code that you must enter alongside your password. Only then, you will be able to access your Twitter account.
Using Twitter Login verification with a 3rd Party Authenticator:
There is a possibility to generate the verification codes with the help of a 3rd party application. Some of them include Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator, Authy, and more. You can set up a 3rd party authenticator and the complete procedure in the below section. If you find login verification codes that are sent to your mobile number every time you login Twitter as a hectic process then, you can simply use a 3rd party authentication app.
There are several 3rd party authentication apps available for Android, iOS and other platforms. For Android and iOS users, you can access Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator, and Authy. Ensure that you download any of these apps before accessing the process. We suggest using Google Authenticator for genuine services. Follow the simple steps to setup Twitter Login Verification using Third Party Authenticator:
- First of all, go to the account settings on your Twitter account.
- Under the Security section, you can find a button that says ‘Review your login verification methods’.
- From the next Login Verification screen, you need to tap the option ‘Setup’ beside Mobile Security App label.
- On the next screen, you can find the Start button and click it.
- A QR Code displays on the screen that you must scan using your authenticator.
- After scanning the code, that account will be added to your authenticator app.
- Twitter will then ask you to enter the code shown on the authenticator app for verifying the configuration.
- It displays a message ‘You’re all set up!’. Twitter is successfully configured to access a 3rd party authenticator app for Twitter Login Verification.
That’s all! This is everything you need to know about Twitter and the process to sign up and log in. We have included the login verification process on Twitter, ability to recover your Twitter password and more. We presume that this guide has helped you in finding the right information about the Twitter account. For more doubts and queries, don’t hesitate to ask us through the comments section below. Stay tuned to this blog for more technology-related posts, apps, games, installation tutorials and more.